Summer can be filled with popsicles and BBQs, but Fall is the time to get our eating habits back on track!
With school that can be tricky sometimes but salad containers and preparing as much of the salad the night before in baggies can help reduce the pressure to eat empty carbs in sandwhiches or cafeteria food the next day at lunch.
Your body needs fuel, so focusing one meal a day to meet those basic needs of veggies and protein can help balance out an otherwise "convenient" diet focused on quick, easy, and ready to grab foods..
This meal follows some of my tips and tricks to happy healthy eating (that actually taste good) while at Home or in School!
Craving a Sugary Drink?
- Try something like a Vitamin Water instead of highly concentrated juices and sodas with your next meal. They taste great and they are perfect for on the go!
A Reallllyy Good Salad
- Salads are great to get you some more veggies in your diet. However, so many salads are extremely high in sugar and fat because of loads of salad dressing. I like to try and use natural juices from oranges, and lemons to flavor my salads. Otherwise, a hint of Annie's Rasberry Vinagrette does just the trick!
Chlorophyll (Nature's Sunshine)
- It may look green and sound gross.... but this minty tasting drink actually helps to reduce cravings and contributes to healthy glowing skin...
- Substitute Salad Dressing: trick yourself into not even needing it with some lemon or orange juice and fruit to add sweetness
- Pre-cut almonds from grocery store in-bulk sections add the crunch you've been craving in chips and pretzels
- Adding protein and veggies to your middle of the day meal will best suit athletes before practicing their sports after school & will help keep your mind alert and focused for the rest of the school day (Carbs are best for athletes the night before practice & not the day of.)
I hope you like my tips and tricks! Thanks for reading!
As always Lovelies,
- spinach (lots!!!)
- 1/4 avocado
- 1/4 cup of chicken
- sliced almonds
- sprinkle of swiss & parmesan cheese
- 2 strawberries
- Annie's Rasberry Vinagrette
Healthy eating. Love your body.